Friday, July 12, 2024

JUDGMENT OF THE NATIONS | Matthew 25:31-46

31 “Now when the Human One comes in his majesty and all his angels are with him, he will sit on his majestic throne. 

32 All the nations will be gathered in front of him. He will separate them from each other, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 

33 He will put the sheep on his right side. But the goats he will put on his left.


34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who will receive good things from my Father. Inherit the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world began. 

35 I was hungry and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you welcomed me. 

36 I was naked and you gave me clothes to wear. I was sick and you took care of me. I was in prison and you visited me.’


37 “Then those who are righteous will reply to him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you a drink? 

38 When did we see you as a stranger and welcome you, or naked and give you clothes to wear? 

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’


40 “Then the king will reply to them, ‘I assure you that when you have done it for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you have done it for me.’


41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Get away from me, you who will receive terrible things. Go into the unending fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels. 

42 I was hungry and you didn’t give me food to eat. I was thirsty and you didn’t give me anything to drink. 

43 I was a stranger and you didn’t welcome me. I was naked and you didn’t give me clothes to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’


44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and didn’t do anything to help you?’ 

45 Then he will answer, ‘I assure you that when you haven’t done it for one of the least of these, you haven’t done it for me.’ 

46 And they will go away into eternal punishment. But the righteous ones will go into eternal life.”

---


JUGEMENT DES NATIONS | Matthieu 25 : 31-46

31 « Maintenant, quand l'Homme viendra dans sa majesté et que tous ses anges seront avec lui, il s'assiéra sur son trône majestueux. 

32 Toutes les nations seront rassemblées devant lui. Il les séparera les uns des autres, comme un berger sépare les brebis des boucs. 

33 Il mettra la brebis à sa droite. Mais il mettra les chèvres à sa gauche.


34 « Alors le roi dira à ceux qui seront à sa droite : Venez, vous qui recevrez de bonnes choses de mon Père. Héritez du royaume qui a été préparé pour vous avant la création du monde. 

35 J’avais faim et tu m’as donné à manger. J'avais soif et tu m'as donné un verre. J'étais un étranger et tu m'as accueilli. 

36 J'étais nu et tu m'as donné des vêtements à porter. J'étais malade et tu as pris soin de moi. J’étais en prison et vous m’avez rendu visite.


37 Alors les justes lui répondront : Seigneur, quand t'avons-nous vu avoir faim et t'avons-nous nourri, ou avons-nous soif et t'avons-nous donné à boire ? 

38 Quand t'avons-nous vu comme un étranger et t'avons-nous accueilli, ou nu et t'avons-nous donné des vêtements à porter ? 

39 Quand vous avons-nous vu malade ou en prison et vous avons-nous rendu visite ?


40 « Alors le roi leur répondra : ‘Je vous assure que lorsque vous l’avez fait pour l’un de mes plus petits frères et sœurs, vous l’avez fait pour moi.’


41 « Alors il dira à ceux qui seront à sa gauche : « Éloignez-vous de moi, vous qui allez recevoir des choses terribles. Entrez dans le feu sans fin qui a été préparé pour le diable et ses anges. 

42 J’avais faim et tu ne m’as pas donné à manger. J’avais soif et tu ne m’as rien donné à boire. 

43 J’étais un étranger et tu ne m’as pas accueilli. J'étais nue et tu ne m'as pas donné de vêtements à porter. J’étais malade et en prison, et vous ne m’avez pas rendu visite.


44 « Alors ils répondront : « Seigneur, quand t’avons-nous vu affamé ou assoiffé ou étranger ou nu ou malade ou en prison et n’avons-nous rien fait pour t’aider ? » 

45 Alors il répondra : Je vous assure que si vous ne l'avez pas fait pour l'un d'entre eux, vous ne l'avez pas fait pour moi. 

46 Et ils s’en iront au châtiment éternel. Mais les justes entreront dans la vie éternelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANOTHER BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY: Isaiah 45:9

   Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to th...